Do you really need another excuse to drink whiskey and eat some gourmet food? Of course you do! Set conveniently between major holidays, the Second Annual Orlando Whiskey Festival is the perfect event to tide you over between Saint Patrick’s Day and Cinco De Mayo. And since you are going to want to know more, we have put together this handy guide just for you!
Liquor, Cigars, and Eats Abound at Second Annual Orlando Whiskey Festival
What is the Second Annual Orlando Whiskey Festival?
We’re glad you asked! According to their website, the Whiskey Festival features “fine single malt, blended Scotch and American whiskies including Bourbon and rye, flavored whiskies beer and wine. This tasting event allows guests to sample close to 100 whiskey brands and interact with industry professionals.” The “first ever whiskey festival to hit Central Florida” also boasts a hand-picked menu selection featuring foodie favorites from Orlando’s most popular restaurants. The best part, he event benefits The Lovely Project !
The event takes place on Saturday April 16th, 2016
Where does this magical festival take place?
You can find this land of whiskey goodness at Audi South Orlando
How can one procure tickets?
One just doesn’t procure tickets to the Second Annual Orlando Whiskey Festival without some prior research! There are TONS of options to choose from! Here are your ticket choices:
- The Pappy Experience. The Pappy Experience is already sold out but in case you were wondering, it was only open to 25 people and cost $295. Since there are no more tickets, we move on to the next option.
- Limited Release Experience. The Limited Release Experience is a bit cheaper, ringing in at $195, and is only open to 60 people which means you better act fast! Some of the highlights included in your ticket price are admission to a private tasting of 5 limited-release whiskeys, your very own Glencairn official whiskey tasting glass, access to the VIP lounge, the opportunity to participate in a limited-release whiskey option, menu sampling, and unlimited access to 100 different brands of whiskey.
- VIP Early Access. $145. 150 tickets. Tons of value! The price gives you access from 6 pm-10 pm and unlimited tasting of 100 different types of whiskey. Like the Limited Release Experience, you also get access to special pours of limited release or older age statement whiskeys only available between 6 pm and 7 pm along with menu sampling and an outdoor cigar lounge.
- General Admission. GA tickets cost $95 and there are 300 offered. You receive your own whiskey glass, access to the unlimited tasting, menu sampling, and event access from 7 pm-10 pm. Discover what else is included by clicking the event link to their website.
- Companion. Although you get event admission and menu sampling, this ticket costs $65 and you do not get to sample any whiskey for the price! As a result, we feel that the general admission ticket gives you the best bang for your buck, but what you decide is up to you! Find out what else the companion ticket offers on the site if you will be a designated driver.
What restaurants and bars are included in the menu sampling?http://www.407area.com/gallery/album.php?abl=32557http://www.407area.com/gallery/album.php?abl=32557
The gourmet menu features samples from local favorites including Crow & Company, Hard Rock Cafe, Provisions & Buzz Co., Kokino Tapas and Cocktails , 4 Rivers Smokehouse, and The Whiskey Gourmet Burgers and Crafty Cocktails.
What about the cigar lounge?
The outdoor cigar lounge will feature Drew Estate Cigars available locally from Corona Cigar Company and live entertainment by The Mellow Relics. The lounge will also include craft beer, water, and wine.
Didn’t you say this festival benefited a charity?
It sure does! The Second Annual Whiskey Festival is proud to support the Lovely Project. This charity is a non-profit organization that empowers young women and girls by helping them find their voice and understand their value. To learn more about this charity, visit their website.
All photos courtesy of The 2nd Annual Orlando Whiskey Festival
In summary, The Second Annual Whiskey Festival is a fantastic event you should definitely check out! For $95+, you have access to over 100 whiskeys, delicious food, a cigar bar, live music, an auction, a free souvenir glass, and much much more! Don’t feel like spending as much? The $65 ticket will get you access to the event, the menu tasting, the auction, and more! Spend your evening looking over the ticket options, choose one that best suits you, and get ready for a whiskey-soaked evening under the stars!